In an ongoing effort to make this chain as valuable as possible to myself (and possibly others), I perform a weekly retrospective of how the past week went (notes from last week). I do this on Tuesdays to avoid conflicts with B'more on Rails, which usually holds events then.
WHAT WENT WELL
- I learned. Some of the things I think I fully understand are:
- Others seem to be finding some of this useful, which is gratifying.
OBSTACLES / THINGS THAT WENT NOT SO WELL
- Learning is hard. Writing about learning is even harder.
- I did a horrible job of limiting my output while learning (as I planned to do in last week's retrospective).
WHAT I'LL TRY NEXT WEEK
- None really, save that I try to limit my output while learning, focusing rather on actually learning.
- Do a better job, or at least be bear in mind, of differentiating in the blog when I am learning and when I think I have a real solution.