In an ongoing effort to make this chain as valuable as possible to myself (and possibly others), I perform a weekly retrospective of how the past week went (notes from last week). I do this on Tuesdays to avoid conflicts with B'more on Rails, which usually holds events then.
WHAT WENT WELL
- Delved a bit deeper into node.couchapp.js, to the point of being able to upload CouchDB attachments in it.
- I introduced Hydra to my tests and now they are blazingly fast.
- Finally found an excuse to play about with Coffeescript.
OBSTACLES / THINGS THAT WENT NOT SO WELL
- I am beginning to have difficulty figuring out what to do next. Some nights, this gets me off to a slow start, hindering my overall progress.
WHAT I'LL TRY NEXT WEEK
- I may give Coffeescript another go or two.
- Fab.js caused a bit of a stir at JSConf this past weekend. I am tempted to take a gander
- I may need to start pushing this chain to an end. Lack of territory to explore suggests that I am ready to start doing.