In an ongoing effort to make this chain as valuable as possible to myself (and possibly others), I perform a weekly retrospective of how the past week went (notes from last week). I do this on Tuesdays to avoid conflicts with B'more on Rails, which usually holds events then.
WHAT WENT WELL
- Shifted off my application-to-update-CouchDB in favor of a fab.js application (at least for a little while). Fab.js is just that cool.
- Solved a minor mystery with the fab.nodejs.http proxy app.
- Started playing with the
<canvas>tag. I have heard much about it, but never had the chance to do anything with it myself. It was quite easy and very fun.
- Hooked said
<canvas>tag up to fab.js both via AJAX and comet—both were quite easy to do in fab.js.
OBSTACLES / THINGS THAT WENT NOT SO WELL
- Ran into a problem with comet and fab.js, which I eventually tracked down to oddness with Google Chrome.
- I am spending a little too much time with this stuff some nights. Sleep is important.
WHAT I'LL TRY NEXT WEEK
- I foresee no real changes next week, this one has been incredibly productive and I would be lucky to continue such a streak
- I would like to figure out how test with fab.js. I have not even gotten the build suite to run at this point.