Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Retrospective: Week Seven

‹prev | My Chain | next›

In an ongoing effort to make this chain as valuable as possible to myself (and possibly others), I perform a weekly retrospective of how the past week went (notes from last week). I do this on Tuesdays to avoid conflicts with B'more on Rails, which usually holds events then.

WHAT WENT WELL

OBSTACLES / THINGS THAT WENT NOT SO WELL

  • 9 VirtualBox Debian VMs did start to slow down my tiny netbook.
  • Hostnames on my cloned VMs were a pain to set (had to edit /etc/hosts and /etc/hostname, then reboot each)
  • Completely forgot to bring a submitted patch for couch_docs to the B'more on Rails open source hack night.
  • My github commits do not look like they are coming from me

WHAT I'LL TRY NEXT WEEK

  • Org-mode. For an Emacs user, I make far too little use of this. I need to keep better track of patches / ideas for my gems and org-mode seems like a good starting place


Day #51

No comments:

Post a Comment